Submarine was commissioned by Boogertman + Partners to conduct a brand audit, develop a brand positioning and brand strategy that would culminate in the development of a new CI and visual identity for the firm.
Boogertman + Partners are a long standing architectural firm that have built up, and maintained, a leadership position in the African market over several years.
Conscious that being strategically pro-active is crucial to maintaining a leadership positioning, the leaders of the business saw fit to:
- conduct due diligence on the brand in order to determine brand health relative to the market
- establish a clear direction for the brand going forward
- build brand strength through a strategic approach to brand re-ignition
- gain insight (both internally and externally) that would drive the development of a new CI/visual identity for the brand
In order to do achieve the above we employed the following methodologies:
- One-on-one interviews with the Board / Partners
- One-on-one interviews with externals – industry and clients
- Internal Board and Staff Ideation Workshops
- Internal research among all staff across the region as well as in other African offices – this research was achieved through engaging staff on an interactive online research panel space, where we could ask questions, run polls, set tasks and take on-board any ideas and suggestions they may have. To stimulate interest and excitement around the panel, we embarked on a lead-up teaser campaign to stimulate intrigue and anticipation among staff.